Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Hi all!!

Bonjour, Bonjour,

Welcome to The Vault 21,

My name is Carla Wynker and by opening the Carla Diaries' doors, you’ll literally be entering my mind (sort of). This blog is composed of book reviews, tennis articles, celebrity gossip, short stories, thought pieces and well whatever else might be spurning in this brain of mine. I warn you people, I'm a fantasy geek, so you'll be eating a lot of fantasy book on The Carla Diaries. Tennis is my passion. I’ve been playing that sport for more than a decade, I can pronounce most players name without stumbling and their Wikipedia bio is wired into me.

I’ll tell you right then and now that I’m an unapologetic Serena Williams fan, so my opinion on her might be a little bit biased. But seriously, between you and me, how can anyone deny or doubt that Rena is the best player the tour has ever known, hum?

My other favourite tennis players are Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and  Ana Ivanovic. On the men’s side, I’m a die hard Rafael Nadal fan. I also dig my fellow Frenchman, Joe Wilfried Tsonga.

My posts on celebrities are truly just an excuse for me to go all gossipy and bitchy, lol. But well, who doesn't love to gossip and bitch about celebrities?

I’m not the greatest (short) story teller, but I truly want to get good at it. Hopefully,  you’ll be able to track my progress on the blog.

By the way, this blog will be written in both Shakespear's and Moliere's language (working on my translation skills, hehe). All my post will have a French version.  You can find the tab "Version Francaise" . Also, at the end of every post that I've been able to translate in French there will be a link called "Version Francaise" which redirect to the post in French.


*********************************************************


A little disclaimer, to end my little introduction:

I’m French, my mother-tongue is French, and even though I’ve been living in London for more than two years, my English can be sightly shaky at times. So, please people try to be indulgent with all the grammatical or orthographical mistakes you might encounter.

Another thing I would like to mention, is that pictures on this blog are either my own or belong to someone. Most, if not all pictures that aren't mine are under Creative Commons License. I always mention the author and type of license under every pictures, therefore if you want to use a picture, please make sure to respect its license and if you're not sure about something contact the owner of the pic in order to avoid any copyrights issue.


Thank you

XOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...